A number of our help calls from VLE users involve browser compatibility issues.
The Blackboard VLE version installed at Leeds is certified to work with the following browsers and operating systems:
- Windows XP: Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7, Netscape 8.0, and Firefox 2.0
- Windows Vista: Internet Explorer 7, Netscape 7.1, and Firefox 2.0
- Mac OS 10.2 ( Jaguar): (Safari 1 is compatible)
- Mac OS 10.3 (Panther): Safari 1.2 (Firefox 1.5 is compatible)
- Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger): Safari 2 and Firefox 1.5
- Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard): (Firefox 2.0 is compatible)
A comprehensive guide to browser compatibility is available from the Blackboard website.
You may find other versions of these browsers in the VLE do work with most parts of the VLE, however you can not be guaranteed a consistent experience and may have difficulty with particular tools, such as assignment submission.
The VLE service recommend that Windows users use the ISS supported browser, Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox 2.0 to access Blackboard 7.3.
Comments are welcome, however if you need help or advice please contact the ISS helpdesk on tel (0113) 343 3333, or email@example.com.