In Internet Explorer 10 (IE10), when you copy and paste content into a reading list using the control-c and control-v keystrokes, existing formatting may be lost, and the list may become a single continuous plain text paragraph.
The Library are working on this urgently, and hope to have it solved very soon.
Two workarounds are to:
- Using IE10, can paste content in using Paste from IE’s Edit menu, or by right-clicking in the target area and selecting Paste from the context menu.
- Use a recent version of Chrome and Firefox, which do not exhibit this problem.
Comments are welcome, however if you need help or advice please contact the IT helpdesk on tel (0113) 343 3333, via the online contact form, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The issues with the Reading List tool reported on 13 September have now been resolved.
Guidance on the tool is available here: http://library.leeds.ac.uk/vle-reading-lists
Update: These issues were resolved 18 September.
Please be aware that there are some problems with the VLE Reading List tool at the moment. Colleagues are working on a fix for these issues.
The full-screen mode option has an issue in all browsers:
- After opening the editor in full-screen mode, the button to restore normal size and proceed is obscured, and so you cannot proceed and save your change. Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this at present – please don’t open the editor in full-screen mode.
The full-screen mode option looks like this:
There are a number of issues in Internet Explorer. The easiest workaround is to use the Firefox or Chrome browsers.
- When copying and pasting into the editor, if you use Control-V, text is pasted in twice.
Workaround: Instead of using Control-V to paste, right-click in the reading list content editor window and select Paste.
- It is not possible to select blocks of text in the editor (e.g. for deletion or copying) by dragging with the mouse – the selection freezes after a short period.
Workaround: Select text by holding the Shift key down and using the cursor up, down, left and right arrows.
- Some buttons in the editor toolbar do not work correctly, e.g. “Clean all formatting” does not work. Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this at present.
Comments are welcome, however if you need help or advice please contact the ISS helpdesk on tel (0113) 343 3333, via the online contact form, or email@example.com.
New to module building? Want some quick ways to get up and running? We’ve put together a series of ten short tips, each of which can be completed in ten minutes or under.
Comments are welcome, however if you need help or advice please contact the ISS helpdesk on tel (0113) 343 3333, or firstname.lastname@example.org.