The VLE will be upgraded this summer during the agreed maintenance period:
Wednesday 13th July until late Thursday 14th July*
*Additionally, Friday 15th July may be used for upgrade contingencies if necessary.
While the VLE is being upgraded it will not be available, hence no content will be accessible.
Staff: Do not schedule formative or summative assessment or electronic assignment hand-ins through the VLE for the above dates (including the contingency day).
Students: Plan for the VLE downtime by retrieving material you know you will need.
Please do blog, repost and publicise this message widely, using the permalink to this post:
The Module Rollover for 2016 has been completed and modules have been released to instructors.
All modules due to run in 2016/17 have been rolled over.
To see your 2016/17 modules, change the display of modules to Showing: Everything (you may have to scroll through the list/use the Search to find them). We will switch the default displayed year on the Modules tool to 2016/17 after resit examinations.
Instructors should be aware that not all content types can be rolled forward and will need tweaks or rebuilding for the new semesters. Content items may need reordering and adaptive release rules will need to be checked, particularly if you have used dates.
Please refer to the VLE Service Rollover guide for guidance on next steps and a list of FAQs.
- Regular 16/17 staff enrolment and module updates from Banner aren’t yet in place, we expect further enrolments will be added later this week. Enrolments have been added based on the data in Banner as of Monday 20/06 at 07:30.
- 16/17 student enrolments have not yet been added.
- Organisations aren’t rolled, organisation spaces for 16/17 need to be requested. Further information is available in the Rollover guide.
Do you have a question about how to use Blackboard Collaborate to deliver your online events?
Feel free to ‘drop-in’ any time on any of the dates below where facilitators from the VLE Service and SDDU will be online to answer any questions you have on the use of Collaborate.
The sessions are more suitable for colleagues who have already attended the First Steps with Blackboard Collaborate Training or for colleagues who have some experience of delivering online events and may be migrating from another platform (such as Adobe Connect).
When: Tuesday 21st June, 12:00 – 13:00
Session link: https://goo.gl/P0UqLL
Further sessions will be run in July (12:00 – 13:00) on the following dates:
- Wednesday 6th July
- Tuesday 19th July
Joining the Session
- All staff managed Windows desktops already have the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher already installed.
- If you are using your own PC or Mac see this guide.
- Access the test room to configure your audio before the session.
- Please ensure you have an appropriate headset available as you will be expected to ask your question using audio.
- Type in your name when requested. It might take a few minutes to join the room so please be patient.
- For technical issues please email email@example.com or phone 0113-3433333.
We look forward to meeting you online.
The VLE is now available again.
The availability issue was caused by a configuration problem on a separate service supporting the VLE servers.
You may still have issues with the time it takes to load VLE pages and this is being investigated.
The service has been continuously stable since approx 14:00
The VLE Service.
We are currently experiencing a temporary availability issue with the VLE.
Users may experience problems logging in and might see a “Too many redirects” error message.
We are investigating the issue and will update you on this blog when we know more.
Turnitin have informed us that the service may be intermittently unavailable during a maintenance period on Saturday March 5th, 3pm-7pm.
They encourage Instructors to modify assignment due dates for either before or at least several hours after the scheduled maintenance window.
Turnitin have scheduled maintenance periods on the first and third Saturdays of every month, usually 3pm-7pm. Please bear this in mind when setting due dates.
Comments are welcome, however if you need help or advice please contact the IT Service Desk on tel (0113) 343 3333, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org